Sunday, May 26, 2013

IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH REACHING THE AGE OF 70? : Jang Pledges To Unite NGF, Asks Ameachi To Back Down

Ameachi-and-Jona-Jang
The newly elected factional Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF), Governor Dr. Jonah David Jang has pledged to unite the forum and make it stronger than ever.
Jang who spoke to journalists on arrival at the Yakubu Gowon Airport on Sunday, also appealed to Governor Rotimi Amaechi to back down and accept his election as the new leader of the forum.
Speaking on the election, Jang said:  “Well, I never bargained for it, but that is the way God Work. So this is God’s will. As far as I’m concerned, I have been given an assignment and by the grace of God I will do my best to unite the forum and make sure the forum provides the right leadership for the people of Nigeria because we are governors that are governing our respective states.
“And so we are bound together to work with one another. The NGF election or selection as you call it, should not divide the governors. We have one purpose and were elected by the people to work for them. We have worked with Governor Amaechi the former Chairman of NGF before and I am appealing to him to calm down and also work with me so that together we will continue to give Nigerians the right leadership for electing us as their governors.
On whether or not he is willing to work with Amaechi, he said: “I mean I am going to really try to get him to work with me; I have once worked with him before; he too should work with me so that we can be able to give this country the right leadership that she is yearning for.
Meanwhile, there was jubilation in some quarters following Jang’s emergency as the Chairman of Nigerian Governors forum. Hundreds of indigenes of the state came out en mass to welcome him at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment